Called Ciudad de los Portales (portales being the roofed walkways lining many storefronts), Alamos is famous for its outstanding colonial architecture: cobbled streets, arches, patios, and interior gardens are an unforgettable trip into the past. Moreover, Alamos is located in a truly unique hotspot of biodiversity, many Golden Eagles call the Sierra de Alamos their home. And befitting such a notable town are notable personalities: tenor Alfonso Ortiz, composer Arturo Marquez, actress Maria Felix, and the one and only Doña all hail from Alamos.
- Enjoying sunset from the Cerro del Perico overlook.
- Witness the deer dance (Mazoyiwua) presentation.
- Visit La Aduana, the old mine ruins, and the Balvanera Church.
- Get to know Hacienda de los Santos and take a stroll through its gardens and patios.
- Visit the Sierra de Alamos–Rio Cuchujaqui Reserve and the areas around this Magical Town.
- The Alfonso Ortiz Tirado International Festival at the end of January.
- Virgen of La Balvanera Celebrations from November 20th to 25th.
- Immaculate Conception Patron Saint Festivities, the first week in December.
- The Alamos Magico International Cinema Festival in April.